Frequently asked questions
HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY ESCOUT?
Insert batteries in the compartment to the right in the inside. Test for energy by pushing any button on top of the device.
• Turn Bluetooth access on your phone
• Inside your App click on Add Escout
• Turn the connection on your device by pressing the number 6 on top
• On your app press SCAN
• Select the device found
• Tap on the CODE field and then enter the requested factory code 000000 (six zeros) on first field and create your own code and enter it on second field.
• Tap on Digital Password (this is a 6 digits pin number that will allow you to open manually), assign a combination.
• Enter an address for your device. When all fields have been filled out Click SAVE
HOW DO I OPEN MY ESCOUT?
1. Tap on Open Escout icon
2. Activate escout by pressing button #6
3. Select your escout from the list
4. Tap OPEN
When Closing Latch make sure the device is still On otherwise latch won’t lock. Press the number 6 on top to make sure device is on then close latch and hear the locking beep
HOW DO I ADD A GUEST/USER
1. Tap on Add User icon
2. Fill out fields (name, phone, address etc)
3.Create a User and Password and select as Agent or Guest
4. Tap SAVE
*Guest: Only authorized to Open Agent: Authorized to Open, and Add others.
HOW DO I AUTHORIZE USERS?
1. Tap Acess User and select user
2. Assign Escout to the selected user
HOW DO I DETACH SHACKLE?
- Open latch and find metal lever on superior part of the device
- Use your fingertip to push lever to the right while holding the escout firmly
- Pull shackle to detach. Make sure to lock firmly when reattaching shackle
DO I NEED TO RECHARGE MY ESCOUT?
No, you dont. Escout is powered by two AA batteries that will last up to two years in regular temperatures. It has been tested lasting over 30k openings.